Baked Crostini with Wild Blueberries
Ingredients for 12 crostini (4 servings):
1 organic lemon
1/4 cup ((60 ml) apple juice
1 cup (250 ml) frozen wild blueberries
6 tbsp (90 ml) olive oil
12 slices of baguette
2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
3 tbsp (45 ml) white wine vinegar
1 lb (450 g) tomatoes
4 oz (115 g) fresh buffalo mozzarella
4–5 sprigs basil
You will also need:
- Preheat oven to 230° C (450° F) on the grill setting. Zest and juice washed lemon. In a small pot, combine apple juice, wild blueberries and half of the lemon zest and simmer at medium heat for around 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish and cool.
- In the meantime, heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan. Fry slices of bread in the pan for 2-3 minutes on both sides. Remove from pan and set on paper towels.
- In a small pot, combine honey, vinegar, lemon juice and remaining lemon zest and reduce at medium heat for around 2 minutes. Wash and dice tomatoes and blend with the honey-vinegar mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange sliced bread on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top bread with marinated tomatoes and mozzarella. Grill for 3-4 minutes.
- Wash and dry basil. Arrange crostini on a platter. Sprinkle wild blueberries on baked crostini and garnish with basil. Serve with remaining wild blueberries.
Per serving (3 crostini):
Protein: 15 g
Fat: 21 g
Carbohydrates: 47 g
Wild Blue is Good for You!