Wild Blueberries in the News
November 1, 2019
Blueberries used in 3000 New Products; 200 Pet Food and 700 Bauty Products
October 31, 2019
What’s For Dinner – October 23
Chef Alain Bosse shows us how to make a savoury blueberry sauce to pair with pan-fried haddock.
Click here to see the full recipe!
June 14, 2019
Annual Wild Blueberry Festival at Evergreen Brick Works Presented by the Wild Blueberry Association of North America (WBANA)
What: Are you WILD about wild blueberries? Join us at Evergreen Brick Works on Sunday August 11 to celebrate this delicious super berry indigenous to North America.
Learn, taste, eat and shop from more than 20 food and beverage producers, bakers and chefs, all featuring with blueberry products and dishes.
Limited parking onsite
Take public transit seven days a week on bus 28 Bayview South from Davisville station or Evergreen’s free shuttle from just north of Broadview station (details on our website)
When: Sunday, August 11, 2019 at the Sunday Market 10 – 3:00 p.m.
- Stop by the Sipping Container to try this year’s new, exclusive wild blueberry cider, made for the occasion in partnership with Brickworks Ciderhouse
- Sample delectable wild beverages and snacks at the food court
- Join Christine Tizzard, celebrity chef and author of Honest to Goodness: Recipes for the Everyday Home Cook, showcasing new wild blueberry creations from her upcoming book
- Engage with local chefs and watch vendor demos in the market to discover innovative ways to enjoy this year-round, fresh or frozen fruit
- Enjoy children’s wild blueberry cooking activities, and arts and crafts, in the Children’s Garden
- Sample wild blueberry treats fresh from the Café Belong bake oven
- Gain valuable insights into the nutritional benefits of wild blueberries at the wild blueberry tasting table
Walk, hike, bike or take public transit to Wild Blueberry Festival and win a wild blueberry gift!
Join the wild blueberry conversation and stay up-to-date on all festival-related activities on Twitter: @WildBBerries #wildbluefest. Find inspiring recipes at www.wildblueberryassociation.ca or www.wildblueberries.com and on Instagram at @WildBlueberries or @Evergreen_Brick_Works.
About Evergreen Brick Works
Evergreen is dedicated to making cities flourish. Since 1991, we’ve been hard at work, transforming spaces into great places so that communities can thrive. We believe that by connecting people, natural and built worlds we can enable Canadians to do great things that will shape our cities for the better. The Saturday Farmers Market at Evergreen Brick Works started in 2007 with 25 local farmers and producers and is now one of Toronto’s largest markets running year-round connecting visitors to local and seasonal food. For more information visit evergreen.ca. Follow us on twitter @EGbrickworks and on Facebook
About the Wild Blueberry Association of North America
The Wild Blueberry Association of North America (WBANA) is an international trade association of growers and processors of wild blueberries from Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Maine, dedicated to bringing the wild blueberry health story and unique wild advantages to consumers and the trade worldwide. For news, recipes, and related health information about wild blueberries visit www.wildblueberryassociation.ca or www.wildblueberries.com. For the latest updates, read the blog. Visit on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Media: To attend, or for more information about WBANA and wild blueberries, visuals, recipes, or to book an interview or in-studio segment please contact Ruth Colapinto or Susan Willemsen at The Siren Group Inc. Tel: 416-461-5270.E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Visit www.thesirengroup.com or on Twitter and Instagram @thesirengroup.
For more information about Evergreen Brick Works, please contact Kelly Chan Tel: 416-596-1495 ext. 289 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- See all News Items »