Chorizo Wild Blueberry Chutney
14 oz (400 g) wild blueberries
8 oz (220 g) onion
16 oz (450 g) sugar
salt to taste
3 tbsp (45 ml) balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
1 tsp (5 ml) cumin powder
1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
1 tsp (5 ml) ginger powder or 10 g fresh grated ginger
- Cut onions and apple into small cubes. Heat olive oil in a casserole dish and add onions and apple. Cook for approx. 2 minutes without colouring.
- Add cumin, paprika and ginger. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add sugar while stirring the mixture until dissolved.
- Add vinegar while stirring the mixture until incorporated.
- Add wild blueberries and salt and mix well.
- Transfer to small container and let cool in the fridge.
- Serve over Buckwheat “Galette” stuffed with sautéed chicken, sliced mushrooms and caramelized onions.
Wild Blue is Good for You!