My coffee shop wild blueberry and raspberry muffins
By Chef Christine Tizzard, Honest to Goodness: Everyday Recipes for the Home Cook
2 cups (500mL) spelt flour
2 cups (500mL) all-purpose flour
4 tsp (20 mL) baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup (250 mL) cane sugar
1 cup (250 mL) milk of choice
1 cup (150 mL) buttermilk or plain yogurt
1 lemon, zested
1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
½ cup (160 mL) butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen wild blueberries
1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheated oven to 375°F (190°C). Line or grease muffin trays.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk sugar with the eggs, milk, buttermilk or yogurt, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
- Fold in melted butter or coconut oil.
- Fold in wild blueberries and raspberries and portion into muffin trays, filling three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Wild Blue is Good for You!