Mini-Meatballs with Wild Blueberry and Cucumber Salad
1 shallot, finely diced
3 tbsp (45 ml) white wine vinegar
½ tsp (2 ml) hot mustard
pinch of sugar
4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
2 cups (500 ml) frozen wild blueberries, thawed, reserve juice
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped, reserve leaves for garnish
salt and pepper
1 cucumber, peeled and cut in thin coins
1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
½ cup (125 ml) dry bread
1 lb minced meat, either lean ground lamb or beef
2 tbsp (30 ml) clarified butter
- Place shallot, vinegar, mustard, sugar, strained blueberries, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Place cumbers in a bowl, add salt and toss. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse cucumbers and pat dry.
- Add cucumber slices to bowl with Dressing. Toss to combine and marinate for 15 minutes or set aside until serving.
- Soak bread in a large bowl with reserved blueberry juice for approximately 10 minutes. Add water if necessary.
- Add minced meat or ground meat, egg, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper. Knead to combine.
- Wet hands and form small meatballs. Place on a tray or plate.
- Heat clarified butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs, saute until cooked and caramelized, approximately 10 minutes.
- Place Cucumber Salad on a platter or individual plates. Add Mini-Meatballs, garnish with cilantro and serve.
Preparation Time: approx. 1 hour.
Wild Blue is Good for You!