Roasted Chicken with Wild Blueberry Onion Sauce
Yields 4 servings
8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
2 tbsp. (30 ml) fresh thyme leaves, reserving some for garnish
zest of 1 orange
2 onions, finely diced
5 cups (500 g) small potatoes, peeled
pinch of cayenne pepper
1½ cups (300 ml) chicken stock
1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
1 cup (150 g) frozen wild blueberries, defrosted
1-2 tbsp. (15-30 ml) agave syrup
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken thighs, oil, thyme and orange zest in a large freezer bag. Massage ingredients together, place in fridge to marinate for a minimum of ½ hour, maximum overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place chicken thighs, onions and potatoes in one layer in a roasting dish. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper. Place in oven for approximately 40 minutes until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove chicken and potatoes, place on platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Place roasting dish on stove over high heat. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Add wild blueberries and agave syrup, stir to combine. Spoon around chicken and potatoes, garnish with thyme and serve.
Wild Blue is Good for You!