Stuffed Mediterranean Peppers with Wild Blueberries
- 4 large peppers, tops removed and reserved, seeds discarded
- 1 egg, whisked
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) feta cheese, crumbled
- 5 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves picked
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) zucchini, diced
- ¾ cups (175 ml) tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen wild blueberries, defrosted and strained
- 1 cup (250 ml) Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Water for bottom of baking tray
- Preheat the oven to (350°F) (175 °C) and line peppers on bottom of baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, sour cream, feta, herbs and garlic together. Add remaining vegetables, ¾ of blueberries and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Stuff peppers with vegetable mixture, top with grated Parmigiano and remaining blueberries. Place cap of pepper on top.
- Cover and bake until peppers are tender and vegetables are cooked, approximately 45 minutes – 1 hour, removing foil half way through baking.
Wild Blue is Good for You!