Ultimate Wild Blueberry Pie
- 4 cups (2 ½ lbs / approx. 1 kg) frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) tapioca starch
- ½ tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 2 rounds of your favorite pie crust
- additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix the blueberries and lemon juice together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, tapioca starch, and spices. Add the dry ingredients to the berries and let the mixture stand for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir the mixture. You should see the berries absorbing the sugar.
- While the mixture sits, line a pie pan with one round of pie crust.
- When mixture is ready, pour it into the pie crust and cover with the second round of dough. Crimp the edges and don’t forget to make slits in the top crust to release the steam.
- Brush the milk onto the pie and sprinkle with a generous amount of sugar (2-3 tbsp).
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until you can see the juices begin to gel.
- Let pie rest for 2 hours before cutting.
Wild Blue is Good for You!