Wild Blueberry Baked Brie
1 frozen pie crust
1 small wheel of brie
1 cup (250 ml) frozen Wild Blueberries
1 tsp (5 ml) chia seeds
1 tsp (5 ml) honey
¼ cup (60 ml) dry roasted, salted pistachios
1 egg, beaten (for brushing on top of crust)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat Wild Blueberries in a small saucepan until boiling.Turn heat down to medium high and let simmer 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and drain off Wild Blueberry juice. Return saucepan to burner and stir in 1 tsp chia seeds and honey.
- Unroll pie crust onto parchment paper. Place brie in center.
- Cover with wild blueberries and top with pistachios. Fold over the top of the brie until covered. Place brie pastry with parchment onto cookie sheet.
- Beat egg in small bowl and brush top of pastry with egg wash.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Recipe by Danielle Omar of Food Confidence
Wild Blue is Good for You!