Wild Blueberry Banana Hemp Smoothie
By Kelly Roenicke, The Pretty Bee: Allergy Friendly Eats Blog
Ingredients for 2 servings:
For the pink layer:
2 tbsp (30 ml) frozen wild blueberries
1 banana, cut into coins and frozen
¾ cup (180 ml) frozen raspberries
¾ cup (180 ml) unsweetened coconut milk beverage or non-dairy milk of your choice
For the purple layer:
¾ cup (180 ml) frozen wild blueberries
1 banana, cut into coins, and frozen
1 tbsp (15 ml) hemp seed hearts
¾ cup (180 ml) unsweetened coconut milk beverage or non-dairy milk of choice
Frozen wild blueberries
Hemp seed hearts
- Place the ingredients for the pink layer in the blender.
- Blend on high-speed until thick, smooth, and creamy. If needed, add a little more non-dairy milk. You want this layer to be very thick so that it can support the second smoothie layer.
- Pour the pink layer into two glasses. Working quickly, rinse the blender pitcher and add the ingredients for the purple layer.
- Blend on high-speed until thick, smooth, and creamy. Add a little more non-dairy milk if needed.
- Pour the purple layer into the glasses on top of the pink layer. Top with frozen Wild Blueberries and hemp seed hearts. Drink immediately.
Wild Blue is Good for You!