Wild Blueberry Cake Pops
Ingredients for 50 servings:
For the pink layer:
1 store-bought vanilla/pound cake
¼ cup (60 ml) Van Dyk’s wild blueberry juice
½ cup (125 ml) low fat cream cheese
2 cups (500 ml) white chocolate, melted
½ cup (125 ml) icing sugar
2 tbsp (30 ml) colored sprinkles
2 tbsp (30 ml) pistachios, chopped
50 frozen wild blueberries, defrosted for garnish
50 lollypop sticks
1 Styrofoam block
For the purple layer:
¾ cup (180 ml) frozen wild blueberries
1 banana, cut into coins, and frozen
1 tbsp (15 ml) hemp seed hearts
¾ cup (180 ml) unsweetened coconut milk beverage or non-dairy milk of choice
Frozen wild blueberries
Hemp seed hearts
- Place cake in a blender and pulse until crumb consistency.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of blueberry juice and cream cheese and stir in the cake crumbs until dough forms.
- Form small balls and place in fridge to set.
- Place melted chocolate in a glass. Dip lollypop sticks into melted chocolate, adhere them into the cake balls. Place Cake Pops in Styrofoam then chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar with remaining blueberry juice. Place mixture in a piping bag or plastic freezer bag.
- Place sprinkles and pistachios into two small bowls.
- Remove Cake Pops from fridge and dip each one in melted chocolate. Allow them to drip, then place in Styrofoam block.
- Dip each of the Cake Pops in desired toppings and allow to dry. Cut a hole in the corner of freezer bag with blueberry icing and pipe icing to decorate lollypops.
- Garnish each Cake Pop with one blueberry and enjoy, or place in fridge until serving.
Tip: If you don’t have a styrofoam block, you can use floral foam or drinking glasses.
Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 minutes. Cooling Time: 2 hour
Energy: 74 cal
Protein: 1 g
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g
Wild Blue is Good for You!