Wild Blueberry Cream Puffs
- ¾ cup (175 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups (750 ml) frozen wild blueberries, defrosted and strained
- ¼ cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) mascarpone, room temperature
- Candied lavender
- Bring water, butter and salt to a boil in a small pot. Add flour all at once and stir with a wooden spoon until mixture transforms into a little ball. Transfer mixture into a bowl and beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Place dough in a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe 5 cm balls on lined baking tray leaving space between each of the cream puffs. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- Puree 1/3 of the blueberries with sugar and lemon juice. Stir in mascarpone and chill in the fridge.
- Before serving, cut cooled cream puffs in half horizontally. Fill with mascarpone mixture and remaining blueberries. Garnish with candied lavender and serve.
Wild Blue is Good for You!