Wild Blueberry Lemon Scones
- 2 cups (500 ml) whole wheat pastry flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) coconut oil
- frozen zest of one lemon
- ½ cup (125 ml) plain Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup (150 ml) milk, plus more for brushing
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen Wild Blueberries
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Combine whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and cut with a fork until the oil is in pea-sized pieces.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lemon zest, Greek yogurt, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in the frozen Wild Blueberries, then pat the dough out onto a floured surface into a ½ inch (1,25 cm) thick circle.
- Cut the dough into 8 wedges or cut with cookie cutters. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet, brush with a small amount of milk, and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the edges of the scones are browned and the centers spring back when touched.
Wild Blue is Good for You!