Wild Blueberry Scones
By Fran Earle, Molly B’s Gluten-Free Kitchen
2 cups (500 g) Molly B’s gluten-free cake flour
1/3 cup (80 g) coconut sugar
1 tbsp (15 g) baking powder
1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) salt
6 tbsp (90 ml) organic palm shortening
3/4 cup (190 ml) coconut milk
1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla
1/2 cup (125 ml) wild blueberries
extra coconut milk and coconut sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in shortening and knead until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add coconut cream, lemon juice and vanilla. Continue to knead until dough is sticky.
- Fold in wild blueberries. Dough should be very sticky (if dry, add more coconut milk).
- Shape dough into 2 round flat disks about 1” high. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Baste tops with coconut milk and sprinkle with more sugar. Cut each disk into 8 even triangles.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
Wild Blue is Good for You!