Wild Blueberry Smoothie Bowl with Walnut Crunch
Ingredients for 4 servings:
½ cup (125 ml) walnuts
¾ cup (180 ml) oat, barley, spelt or rye flakes
2 tbsp (30 ml) flax seed
4 tbsp (60 ml) maple syrup
2 tsp (10 ml) nut oil
Wild Blueberry Smoothie Bowl:
¾ cup (180 ml) wild blueberries (defrosted), juice strained
1 small bunch rosemary leaves, finely chopped
Zest and juice of 1 large orange or 2 small oranges
Juice of lime
4 large ripe bananas
1 cup (250 ml) Van Dyk’s wild blueberry juice
¼ cup (60 ml) nut butter (i.e.: cashew or almond)
- Mix ingredients in a bowl. Toast in a pan over medium heat, tossing until golden. Coarsely chop and set aside until assembly.
- Marinate half of the blueberries in a bowl with rosemary and orange peel for a minimum 10-20 minutes.
- Peel and slice one banana. Baste with lime juice to prevent browning.
- In a blender, puree remaining bananas and blueberries with blueberry juice, orange juice and nut butter until smooth.
- Divide blueberry puree evenly in bowls, garnish with sliced bananas, marinated blueberries and Walnut Crunch. Serve and enjoy.
Preparation time: approx. 15 minutes
Energy: 640 kcal / 2680 kJ
Protein: 9 g
Fat: 29 g
Carbohydrates: 82 g
Sodium: 12 mg
Fiber: 14 g
Wild Blue is Good for You!