Wild Blueberry Tarts
Molly B’s Gluten Free Kitchen
12 gluten-free tart shells pre-baked
2-1/2 cups wild blueberries
1/2 cup wild blueberry juice
1/2 cup organic sugar
1-1/2 tbsp tapioca starch
2 tbsp water
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place 12 unbaked tart shells on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden. Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk tapioca starch and water together. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot, over medium heat, place 1/2 cup wild blueberries, all the juice and all the sugar. Mix gently and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- While whisking vigorously, add tapioca mixture. Add vanilla and lemon zest, stirring quickly to blend. Continue to cook while constantly whisking, until the mixture is very thick and glossy, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Quickly fold in the balance of the wild blueberries (2 cups).
- Fill each tart shell. Chill to set.4. Put a layer of angel food cake on the bottom of each bowl (approx. 17g or 1/2 inch thick) or clear glass cup and top with enough wild blueberry-lemon sauce to soak the sponge cake
- Pour a 1 inch layer of warm (if making your own) rice pudding on top
- Repeat step #4 & #5
- Top with a few extra wild blueberries
- Put puddings in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes or more (gets better over time)
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream to serve
Wild Blue is Good for You!